Other language: de
“FAQ” is short for “Frequently Asked Questions”. See Wikipedia:FAQ.
- How can I get help?
- Write to the wiki2xhtml Mailing List.
- Where can I report a bug?
- In the wiki2xhtml Bug Tracker. This is also the right place for suggesting new features.
- Translating wiki2xhtml
- If you would like to translate wiki2xhtml, please read through this document.
- In a listing text is cut away from the beginning of the line!
- Probably you used a pipe character (“|”) in the line. Everything before this character is interpreted as arguments to format the listing entry. Simply put a | at the beginning of the text:
* |That way the pipe character | is being displayed correctly.
By the way: Validators like the Total Validator, wherefore you can get also a Firefox Extension, usually find such problems rapidly.
- Instead of umlaut, the browser only displays squares.
- The source files have to be written in UTF-8. Editors like Notepad++ can write UTF-8 coded text files, the Windows Notepad cannot! Under Unix, ASCII files can be converted to UTF-8 with the command:
iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 input-file -o output-file
- I can't execute the exported shell script.
- If you're using Unix, you've got to make the script executable at first. Do that with the command
chmod u+x script.sh.
- I'd like to alter a design or create a new one. How do I do that?
- I will create a manual for that ;) The program uses several files; recks like the reck.html or image-template.html and css files for the design. Feel free to play around with them—if you destroy someting, there is still the original file on the server …
- How can I insert PDF files?
- Either as a usual link, for example
[document.pdf], or as an image. Here you can also use a thumbnail: